Re:<E28> How to rewire the door tweeter pods?

You need to remove the door panel to get at most of the tweeter wiring.
I know it's probably not what you want to do, but I said, screw it, more
hassle than it was worth and utilized the existing wiring in the door
rather than deal with tyring to thread new wire through the door.  It
currently goes in that little S shaped tube between the door and the
car.  It's been almost 5 years since I messed with it, but if memory
serves, I couldn't quite get to the opening on the car side of the S
tube.

Hope that helps some.

Jeff Wilcox