Re: Importing

> Has anyone ever imported a car (BMW) from Europe to the US?  Anyone know if
> it can be done?  Anyone know anyone who knows about this stuff?

It happens.  Go to http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/ for the NHTSA
side of things.  You'll also have to visit the EPA at (I think)
http://www.epa.gov for their slant on things.

The NHTSA site lists folks who do this for a living (Registered Importers) and
you can look one up to talk to.  I've got a new set of files for this section of
the web but had a server crash over the weekend so I don't have the new stuff up
yet.
- --
Pat Donahue CCA 125031
Vienna, VA
'91 M5 4GTFUL <- For sale: http://www.bubbaclub.com/pat/m5sale.html
'88 325is destined for ITS <- 'cause of this one