Re: Chip's post

Chip wrote in response to John Firestone Joke:
>I guess John was trying to be funny. It wasn't funny to me. If he's trying
>to say that the current thread caused by this Michiel character is not
>worthy of response, I think John is very wrong. If he's trying to say that
>"slam Dunk" refers to Black people (notice that the "B" is capitalized,
>just like the "I" in Irish and the "H" in Hispanic), I am appalled. Making
>the connection of "slam Dunk" and Black people was by Johns doing. If it
>was to be humorous or not, John is the one that made the connection and by
>such makes him a racist in my book. Racists are the ones that make jokes
>about culture, color and origin.
>
>Yes John, now you've put yourself on the same low level as this Michiel.
>The only difference is, at one time you actually presented good material to
>this forum. Michiel is of such little value that I would not even address
>such scum. Someone not long ago posted the suggestion of reading your posts
>before sending them. I second the suggestion.

I didn't see any smiley face after Chips post.  Did I miss it or was this a
serious response to John's obvious attempt to bring a little levity to a
bad situation?

Chip, come on.  Although your post has many valid points, the timing is off
and I think the target is way off.  John did nothing more than inject a
little humor into a tense situation.  The Cryjest has been getting a bit
too flame infested over the last few weeks and he was simply poking fun at
all of us.

If your post was also an attempt at humor I apologize for this post.

Everyone have a wonderful day.  Be patient with your fellow human beings.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii