EXTENDED WARRANTY(97'm3)/ help/need feedback

I have seen several messages on the digest in ref. to the pros and cons of
extended warranties. I have been considering one for several weeks and must
decide this week due to a large price increase coming on Feb. 1st. My m3 still
has two years of factory warranty left and has 15,000 miles on at this time.
The warranty  I 'm considering is The Plan, costing $1580 for 7 years (from
date of purchase)/100,000 miles bumper to bumper coverage with $50 deductable.
I NEED THE FOLLOWING HELP?
- -----How many of you have or have had an extended warranty and has it paid for
itself?
- ------In terms of resale does it pay for itself ? My cars are always like new
when sold and I always sell them myself rather then trade. Is the ext.
warranty a real big selling feature to a prospective buyer ?
Help!  DKOELMELM3@domain.elided