Club racing safer? BMW vs NASA

(my response to this issue of 13/13 listed below next to the >>>>>>>>)

mark estes<mestes@domain.elided> asked
> Could you explain the 13/13 rule?

in club racing, 13/13 refers to 13 months of probation, followed by 13
months of suspension. if a driver is involved in an incident, that
driver is placed on probation for 13 months. if the driver is involved
in another incident while on probation, that driver is suspended for
13 months
the definition of incident is usually the problem. tap the wall at
pocono? spin in turn 5 at summit? single car incident, yes, but in
most clubs
so, does this rule make great drivers, safer drivers? maybe. i don't
necessarily think so. i think in general it will create more cautious,
more tentative drivers (and i think tentative drivers are unsafe), but
that's just my opinion.<

all the time.  Lots of fun, lots of action , the only difference in safet=
y,
is
that you have to not insist on your right away, this greats some real =

refined car control skills.  But , I agree, car contact is a part of real=
 =

racing , and that creates different skill sets  in recovery of a bump fro=
behind.  =

Anyway,  You should do it all if you can, they all have their benefits.
NASA, does not make any penalty for spins, off road incidents, etc.
However, if you touch another car, you can get penalized.   This creates
some agressive driving that creates a very refined skill set.    There ar=
over 10 divisions of NASA, some look like nascar, some are street BMWs an=
Porsches =

racing with true GT1 porshe club 150,000 cars.  You wont find Dinans BMW
540 at a BMW =

club race, (at least , i dont think so), as it was in some of our Porsche=

BMW races on the =

Video Clips on CD rom.

By the way , a few have ordered the RACING VIDEO CLIPS.  They are playabl=
on any
Win 95 based computer with a processor speed of 100 mhz or better.  the 4=
0
mins of video
per disc are all MPEG files that you can even use as screen savers if you=

want to have the
rear of an E30 going around ThunderHill on a hot lap during a race.

Im giving the best and the last of the cds(#5) , for my cost  (3 bucks wi=
th
shipping)  If you are interested.

Mark Kibort