2.5 conversion to a 2.7

I recently broke a rocker arm in my 89 325ic with 157,000 miles.  I have
wanted to pull my motor for quite some time anyway so this was a good enough
reason to justify all the work and expense.  I have completely torn down the
motor and all looked wonderful.  But I want to replace my crank with one out
of an ETA motor.  Has anyone done this or know any info about this.  Do I have
to replace my pistons, rods, etc.?  I think there would be a great improvement
in power but will I still be able to rev up to 6900 rpms.  I also want to
replace my cam, will a 288 degree be too big, would the idle be rough, any
info would be much appreciated.

Michael Hodnett
Peachtree chapter treasurer
88 325ic