More on M5 (& M3) Transplant Surgery

Hi all,

I recently received an "informal estimate" from Dinan to install a '95
M3 engine in my '94 E34 Touring. It was in the $10k-$11K range. I was
told that this was a straight forward installation.

I also recently saw a E34 M5 engine installation (in progress) in a
'85-'88 535i. It was being done by a shop in Tempe, AZ (forget the
name right now). The owner said his was the 2nd shop to work on this
project.

Seems like the M3 engine conversion would be easiest and probably the
cheapest way to go...wish the Touring had some problems to help me
justify the surgery.

John Kjos