<E30>My car want start..Suggestions??

I tried to start my 90 325iC today, after not running it at all for 4
days.  It has been in the high teens and low 20's the past 4 days.
Today it is almost 50 degrees.  When I tried to start the car it turned
over slowly and then went to a ratcheting, or rapid clicking,  sound,
like the starter was slipping?  Also, I noticed that the OBC went to the
default language and reset.  I reset the language, date and time and the
held.  I checked the battery with a volt meter and it is putting out
10.5 V at the terminals.  I jumped the car with another and all I get is
the ratcheting sound.  I have not set the security on the ignition and
it is also not asking me to enter a code.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?  I have never seen any
signs of the starter going bad, plus it did turn over some at the very
first try today.

Thanks,

Mark Colasante
Columbus, OH