re: <E28>Splice an ABS Sensor?

>Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:01:20 GMT
>From: John G.Burns <john@domain.elided>
>
>I seem to remember my E24 factory manual explicity says you
>should never cut the wiring harness as it's quite sensitive
>to changes in impedance.

John,

I seem to remember a BMWDC tech talk when it was mentioned that Bosch
produced a sophisticated splicing kit for ABS sensors. These were
recommended in preference to plugging in a new sensor at the connector, due
to a change in the metal of the pins, I think... Possibility of bimetallic
corrosion in time.

The relevant Bosch publication no. could be 1 987 721 091, it would be
interesting to check. I must chase up Andrew Page for a copy.

Regards,

Nick Brearley

Pair of 325is