2002AD Undeservedly Maligned

On Monday (in V9 #817), it was anxiously posted:

>> Is there a place othere than 2002ad that has a wide selction of parts.  I
ordered parts from 2002ad and it seems that maybe the shipment has been lost
by UPS.  UPS claims that 2002ad entered the package in the UPS system but
never shipped it.  Of course 2002ad claims they did and they make it seem like
it is my responsibility to locate this package.  Luckily I used my AMEX card
and can stop payment if the package does not get here.  By the way UPS claims
it is the shippers responsibilty to locate the package.  Here the customer
gets caught in the middle.  I also notice that US mail usually beat UPS from
California to Atlanta everytime even on box shipments.  That is sad but true.
Anyone else had any experiences like this?  <<

Then on Friday (in V9 #845), after being courteously prodded by private email
to post the resolution, that same listmember quietly returned to post the
following innocuous one-liner:

>> Thanks to all the great people at 2002ad I received the order. <<

So ... after maligning both UPS and 2002AD, you got your parts as promised and
now everything is just rosey, eh?

Not quite.

Let's set the record straight here.  I had a hard time believing that the
good, 'CCA supporting folks at 2002AD like Bill Merriken and Leif Anderberg
would ever knowingly allow a customer to be jerked around as was asserted, so
I forwarded the original post to them.  Needless to say perhaps, but 2002AD
has a *very* different version of this story.  I won't trouble you all with
the blow-by-blow, but suffice it to say that 2002AD states that this customer
was quoted a delivery time for the shipping method that *he* specified, and
that delivery time was met.  Plain and simple.

I believe 'em.  So should you.

Let's *please* try to limit the 'Ready, Fire, Aim!' approach that has become
all too prevalent in this forum.

Gerry O'Connor
Manhattan Beach, CA
'88 535is / '83 633CSi / '72 2002 tii