<E28> HP Test With G-Tech

I recieved my G-Tech Pro yesterday and was finally able to find out how much
power my 535is hog is putting to the ground.  After running several tests in
both directions along the same flat section of road, I threw out the high
and low readings.  The average max HP with a weight guesstimate of 3450 lbs
was.........

144 HP at the rear wheels.

Combine that with a drag coefficient (Cd) of .50 and it explains why a 16
valve 318i has to lift off the throttle to let me pass on the front straight
at Lime Rock Park.
Ed Walters
1988 BMW 535is 1997-1998 NNJR SCCA ESP SOLO II 1st Place
		   1998 Pizzafest Sport BMW 1st Place
		   1997 NJBMWCCA Points Series 2nd Place
		   BL/SSed, ERKed, coilovered, camber/castered
		   EW/MAFed
		   Chip? We don't need no stinking chip
1980 BMW 320is The Rusty Whore
1974 BMW 2002  The Safari Sled

Team DFL	   Bringing low-cost high performance to
		   a BMW near you.

www.shortshifter.com, UUC Motorwerks, "Holy Shift!"

Pomoto Pictures, "The Deer and the Cheetah",
		   an unromantic comedy, coming eventually
		   to a theater near you