<e28> front to rear brakes?

I performed the e32 brake upgrade on the front of the car and have a set
of calipers and rotors in the garage gathering dust.  I would rather use
them if I could so, you can tell where I am going with this, why not put
the front calipers and rotors on the rear of the car?

I know that there has to be some technical reason that it couldn't work
but if not, what would the impact be?  Would my braking dynamic be
offset?  ABS works on all four wheels so what is the deal?

Flame suit on,

Tom Jarlock
88 535ia, 170,000
CCA#127308