Tammic-Crats vs. Repub-li-Lyles ?

>From: Phil Marx <BMW@domain.elided>
>Subject: re: BMWCCA Financials
>
>Michel wrote:
>>It was pointed out that a financial statement for BMWCCA is on page 112 of
the
>>December 1998 Roundel. Look carefully, you will notice these are the 1997
>>financials published at the end of 1998.

Phil replies:
>Yeah, and most of the cars for sale are already sold, having been submitted
>three months ago.  What's your point?  Did you check with the Editor to see
>when the financials were avialable?  Did you really miss them several
>months ago or just when the elections began?  Do they appear to be in
order?

>Cars.....this is supposed to be about cars.
>
>- -Phil Marx

Phil,

In three (or four?) years or so of "Digesting", I have to say that this is
the first time I've had to take an opposing issue with a post you made.
Lets face it....with 40,000 something members plus a 10% growth rate in the
membership and over $ 2.1 mil in revenues for the Club (1997) - it ain't
about cars - its about the MONEY!!  Especially when we're talking about
electing a Treasurer.  This is big time stuff.  Maybe it won't be long
before it even requires some professional financial management rather than
being volunteer run.

And its about accountability.

 Now maybe our current Treasurer is doing a good job and maybe she's not.
You certainly know more than any of us in that respect as to the financials
of the CCA and perhaps you can shed some light on a few issues.  Maybe Tammi
is only a small part of the overall picture...I dunno for sure, but she is
an elected National Board member so she has some responsibilites to answer
to the membership.   She is the Officer that is ultimately responsible to
oversee the Club funds as I understand it, yes?

  I've neither the time not the inclination to spend hours researching
matters personally, I have heard from those in the know that O'Fest '98
(Orlando) lost money.  Something in the neighborhood of being in the hole to
the tune of - $ 30K vs. an O'Fest  profit in '97 (Waterville Valley) of + $
14K.   Are the rumors totally unfounded and if so can you set the record
straight? How does the Club manage to lose that much money on an event after
coming off a successful event the prior year AND the year before that?

Further rumors from a reliable source has it that the CCA is in the negative
to the tune of - $ 20K for the '96 Montery Historics.  Something about
having to submit the funds twice, $ 20K each time due to some reputed severe
mishandling of the funds.  If there's an explanation to that as well, I'll
certainly listen with an open mind as there are usually two sides to every
story and I have only heresay as a basis for the inquiry.  If CCA was
defrauded are we filing legal actions to get those funds back?

As the #2 elected official in the Club, (Executive V.P.) you are in a very
good position to tell us what happened on these issues.  Would you care to
address them further?  And if the above are correct does it come back to the
office of the Treasurer?

Now SOME of ya'll in Digest-land are not going to like or appreciate these
topics. It may make some who read this uncomfortable.  There are NO
accusations here so don't get your panties in a twist.  This is a current
events topic and a legitimate series of questions posed to seek out the
truth if your BMWCCA Board is properly managing all its activities. It's
election time and that means its time to make changes, if appropriate.
Let's find out collectively what is going on, if we can, and that will help
EVERYONE vote in an informed manner for the BEST candidate for the Club.

 If you'd rather simply discuss the mindless and nauseating blather of the
ERAM for the umpteenth and neverending time, we can do that, too.

Duane Collie

Kathy Lyle for Treasurer <<<Certified Public Accountant, Business Owner,
Bimwad Racer