Beemer Leads Dakar

Hello everyone,
I am far from being a motorcycle kind of guy, but I thought I would let you
all know that a BMW motorcycle, driven by Richard Sainct (of France) is
currently leading the 20th Dakar ralley in the motorcycle class. BMW entered
4 bikes, and are nowhere near as well equipped as there rival KTM (who has
20 riders in this year's Dakar). Sainct's team mate who was leading before
the last stage (they were swapping the lead day by day) suffered navigation
problems when his GPS system fryed.
The cars class is being led by Jean-Louise Schlesser and Philippe Monnet in
a Schlesser Buggy, a very cool looking blue thing that is rather quick.  I
am still waiting to see an entry from S. Carlson/Bad Dog.

Greg Koenig
Der Dinanstein Pilot
San Francisco Street Terror