Re: Bigger-6 E39??

George Ax <George.Ax@domain.elided> wrote:
>While we're on the subject of E39's and whether to buy, has anyone heard
>anything further about a third model sporting a 3.2-3.4 liter 6-cyl engine?
>I recall hearing something a couple of months back, for '00-'01 build.  I
>originally bought my E28 as a "tie-me-over" until ready to get an E39
>(although at this point am having the time of my life with it ... and don't
>have firm plans to move on anymore).  Still, a heftier 6 (affordably
>priced) is an intriguing notion.

Since in 2000 we will get a 330i (3l I6 with 220hp) I would
assume that this engine will also be available in the 5-series.
This 3l engine is said to replace the 2.8l. I don't know what
will happen to the 2.5l though. The hp-hole between these too
is bigger than usually (2l: 150hp, 2.5l 170hp and 3l 220hp).
Possibly the 2.5l gets more power again and we will get a
325/525 badge again.

Peter Zangl
p-zangl@domain.elided