E30 M3 won't start

You've all probably heard this before, but any quick tips would be greatly
appreciated:

'88 M3 ran fine Sunday.  Monday morning sounded like 2 cylinders ran for a
few seconds, then it died.  Now you can crank forever and no attempt to
catch by the engine.  I thought maybe frozen water in the fuel, but I
warmed the car underside with lightbulbs (no heat in the garage) and 14
hours later it turns over easier but still won't even try to catch.  I
think I can smell some fuel after I crank for a bit so I'm leaning toward
spark problems.

Any thoughts beyond checking for spark at the coil, plug wires, and plugs?
 Tests for fuel flow?  Seems strange that it ran fine the day before...

Carless (she drives the 325i),

Mike Olsen
'88 M3
'88 325iC