Re: Douglas Batteries

Jun,

You should be able to purchase a Douglas Battery from sources other than BMW.
It just won't have the Roundel/BMW on the case...you pay "dearly" for that.
I have replaced my battery twice with Douglas Batteries (under other names)
once the original Mrs. Varta passed on.  The cost was about $108.  $51 is way
too cheap...sounds like wholesale cost to me.  If you can get it for that all
power to ya "Grab It".

I'd ask the distributor again, or call Douglas Battery in North Carolina
directly to obtain sources.  I can dig out a couple phone numbers if it'll
help.

Good Luck and Happy ///Motoring,

John Weese
BMW CCA #76646