Re: K&N Filters

Someone posted a question asking about K&N filters.   Well, they (K&N)
dyno test all of their work, and I'm sure that their results are
accurate...   I mean, they wouldn't lie, just because they're trying to
sell you something, right?    Anyway, I bought K&N filters for my E36 M3
and E28 M5.  On the M5 I couldn't tell any difference, but on the M3 I
noticed an increase in mid-RPM responsiveness.

Make of this what you will.    K&N also markets their filter on the premise
that it reduces trash since the filters are reusable.   You might be able
to justify it on an economic basis alone, if you plan to keep your car for
150K miles and you usually change your filters often.

Michael
(the M3 filter fit the E39, so that's where it is now)