Re: <Los Angeles> interesting places?

Herman wants to know how to fill up the extra time he'll have when he's
in L.A.:

>Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 11:39:09 -0800
>From: Herman Chan <hermanc2@domain.elided>
>Subject: <Los Angeles> interesting places?
>
>Southlanders:
>
>I'll be spending an extended weekend in LA and want to check out
>some car oriented stuff.  Anyone have any pointers on any good
>places that sell automobilia or parts/performance goodies?  Will new
>springs/shocks exceed my carry-on allowance? ;)
>
>The auto show, Petersen, Exoto&Exoticar stores are already on my
>agenda;
>wanted to see if there were any other places worth visiting.

.To save room for the Y2k discussions, please respond privately.

>thanks,
>Herman

Herman, don't worry about finding other things to do.  The traffic jams,
construction detours, etc., will easily fill up the extra time you have
between all the activities you already have planned.

Back in the mid-'80s I had to make several trips to/from downtown L.A.
Weekdays or weekends, day or night, using different freeways, it didn't
matter - get within 6 miles of downtown L.A. and traffic comes to a
grinding halt.  I'm sure they've figured out a way to make traffic move
better now, though, and of course there are fewer cars.   :^)

As for carry-on allowances, I'm sure you could fit the springs and
shocks in a couple of suitcases small enough to carry on (assuming 2
carry-ons allowed, not just one), but what is the WEIGHT limit for
carry-ons?  Put that stuff in the overhead compartment, then the plan hits
some turbulence, and BAM!, it's in your lap!

Should be a fun trip!

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977