<E28> euro resonator - oxygen sensor location?

I have a euro resonator that I'm going to use with a set of Stahl headers
on my 535.  The resonator has no fitting for an oxygen sensor, and is about
6" shorter (at the front end) than the US cat.  Where did the oxygen sensor
go in euro e28's?  If I fab in a port ahead of the resonator the sensor
will be only exposed to 3 cylinders, would this be a bad thing?

I expect I'll go to the hassel of cutting the sensor fitting out of my old
dead cat. (Yes, setting myself up for tongue in cheek replies here) and fab
it into the resonator.

Thanks for info., sage advice, or WAG's

Eric Rayl
'87 535is