Re: BMW winter storage

Brian A. Sanniola asked about storing his BMW for the winter.   He didn't
specify which model.   I'm just curious which one he won't drive in the
snow.   Anyway, I have a Corvette, yeah, go ahead and flame me, but
apparently your typical Corvette owner doesn't drive his car in the winter
(although I do) so the factory owner's manual actually has a section on
storing the car.

Chevrolet, one of the top 50 auto manufacturers in the world, recommends
that you do everything that Brian described and also remove the spark plugs
and squirt some oil in the cylinders.    Then, before starting the engine
in the spring, you should change the oil again to remove the water brought
on by condensation.   I think they said that.  Well, I said that, anyway.
And I would also suggest using gasoline stabilizer unless someone knows for
a fact that it will damage injectors.

And personally, I think I would disconnect and remove the battery.   Your
SI board will probably forget what it was doing, but wouldn't that be like
a reset?

Michael
633, M5, 528, R1100RT and the great American sportscar.