Re: Exhaust/intake system design

<< This to to maximize the resonance of the intake to low and
 high RPMs for the most torque and hp.  I believe it's long runners for
 low end, short runners for high end.

Generally true, although a lot more involved. I found the following literature
very helpful to understand design criteria of intake and exhaust systems. Even
if the material is somewhat dated with its examples, it provides good insight:

Phil Smith: Scientific Design of Exhaust and Intake systems
ISBN 0-8376-0309-9
Bentley Stock# G309
800-423-4595

Bert