DIGEST LOGO CONTEST

Frank writes...

>Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 19:06:04 -0500
>From: "Frank Massaro" <fmarch@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: Digest Logo Contest
>
>Hey Digest,  Happy New Year!
>
>Bobby and I have traded a couple e-mails about this topic of late.

As I have also.  I get all the little votes...and count em too...

>The reason I suggested two rounds of voting is that it will be difficult to
>obtain a genuine consensus based on +/- 45 entires.

Not sure you can make that assumption...but it doesn't really matter; if
there is a clear consensus on the first round, no need for a second.

>Some entries are so similar to one another, it'd be more representative to
>call them 'variations on a theme', rather than 'entries'.  It would almost
>help folks like Jake, and one other individual (sorry, your name escapes me
>right now) to have *all* y'alls entries considered as *one* entry.

Let's apply the KISS method here first.  And let's see what happens.

>The multiplicity of entries in these cases will subtract from the vote
count
>for these guys, imo,  and all the hard work will be diluted similarly...no
>one wants that to happen.  (well, I want that $250, but not at the expense
>of someone else's fair chance, ya know...)

It's my $250 and I will not succumb to attempted vote fraud, however, I
prefer Corona (with lime, of course) to RR, but hey, if it's Cold and Free,
then that's my brand.  Nor will I tolerate any attempts at ballot stuffing.
I was born and raised in Chicago during the 50's 60's and 70's (ok, so it
took me a while to grow up) and I know how the "corpse vote trick" works.
Mayor Daley had more support from the graveyard than anywhere else.  But I
digress...

>We also need a way to keep the voting 'honest'.  What's to keep me (or
>anyone) from telling everyone I know and their brother to visit Bobby's
page
>and vote on my entry(ies).  The voting should be limited to:

If I see a vote that even looks bogus, I just won't count it.  And no one
will ever know...hehe...

>- -Those who were members of the BMW Digest/ Mailing List as on 1/1/99.

Good idea....

>Any ideas from y'all on how to keep this honest?

Just leave it to me.

>In voting on/ selecting a prospective logo, we also need to consider cost
>and reproducability/ production issues.  Unless we each want to pay $10 for
>a sticker, I suggest simpler is better.

Whatever...let's see what we can come up with.  Quite franky, $5--$10 sounds
reasonable.  And funds exceeding production costs can be sent to Richard to
help with al the fun he has supporting the Digest.

>Thanks to Bobby for all his hard work on the logo contest!  Public service
>is a ball, eh?  (memories of PizzaFest 2 coming back...)

And thank you Frank, and Bobby, and everyone who votes honestly.  Include
your full name and BMW CCA # (if applicable) with your vote.

>Frank Massaro
>BMW CCA Tarheel/ NCC

Let's try to keep this thing fun, don't worry, be happy, this isn't real
life!!

Or is it?

Chris Brennan
BMW CCA #19577