<e36> troubleshooting truck lock servo

All,

Months and months ago I had posted a question in regards to the trunk
lock on my '94 325i.  On my car the trunk lock will lock all doors,
but will not open all the doors (okay, very very very rarely it will.)
 The only responses I received were from other owners who had a
similiar problem (many people didn't even think it was supposed to
unlock all the doors.)

I had a paintless dent removal guy fix a dimple on the trunk.  In the
process he knocked loose the connector on the trunk light switch.
While I was back there I finally took the time to examine the trunk
lock.  The lock is attached to the lock servo via a short metal rod.
The rod actuates the servo.  The servo itself is attached to the
wiring harness via 2 plugs.  One plug is a 2 pin (presumably power and
ground), the second plug is 3 pin (lock signals?)  After taking a look
at the servo I figured it couldn't be that expensive to replace.
After all, why troubleshoot the car when you have a hunch as to what's
wrong!  Then I found out that the servo is a $50 part.  Ouch.

Anyone out there know the function of the 5 wires entering the servo?
Presumably the 2 wire plug is power and ground.  I'm guessing that the
3 wire plug is lock, unlock, and ground.  Can anyone confirm this?
Any suggestions on repairing the servo (if it is indeed the problem)
rather than replacing it.

I'm post the results.

Thx,
Bill Isaacson