Re: re: Y2K <WOB>

John Fagerlund comments on the Y2K "crisis", and concludes:

>And what about that champagne shortage.  Oh, the horrors.

John:

NOW we are getting to the really serious part of the problem.  The French
already reduced the supply of top of the line champagnes this holiday, to
save some for next year (when they expect to charge more).  As a retailer,
we had a difficult time getting enough of them for our customers this year.

Will there be a shortage of sparkling wine next year?  NO
Will there be a shortage of Champagne next year?  NO
Will there be a huge increase in price in the very top champagnes, like Dom
Perignon, Bollinger Grand Annee, Veuve Clicquot Grande Dame, Krug, and Pol
Roger Sir Winston?  DAMN RIGHT THERE WILL! (Demand will be up, and the
supply of vintage Champagne is fixed, since it was already made some years
ago!)

For those of you who believe in being able to party at the change from 1999
to 2000, and who feel the need for tete du cuvee (top of the line)
champagne to do it with , buy it in the next few months to have on hand.

We now return you to BMWs, and the CCA election.

[Stepping up on soap box for political speech.]

Please read your Roundel and *vote*.  Only your efforts can make CCA a
better club, more responsive to its members and more open.

[Stepping down off soapbox]

Thanks,

Keith
Keith Wollenberg
BMWCCA, V.P. Golden Gate  ( # 73293)  *As should be obvious,*
BMWACA Seattle  (Since 1972)      *all opinions expressed*
                                                   *are solely my own.*
'88 ///M5 (MFREUDE)       '72 tii Touring (TOURING)
'95 M3 (M-Tschuss) [Kelly's car, which I get to drive sometimes.<g>]
****When You Get Your January Roundel, Please Take the Time to Vote****