Subject: Y2K and ECUs - THE FIX

Great offer Chip.  I'm not much of a DIYer, so could I just FedEx my
325 to your house for this service.  Money is not a problem since I am
closing all of my bank accounts and stashing the cash in my mattress.
I guess I'll just put the $2000 in the glove box.  Please email me
privately as I don't want anyone to think I'm an idiot.

> Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 18:31:13 -0600
> From: "I.L. Eberhart" <eberhart@domain.elided>
> Subject: Y2K and ECUs - THE FIX
>
> This Y2K issue is much bigger than most people realize.
> The problem will affect all BMWs manufactured after 3/1/91.
> My confidentiality agreement with several parties prevents me from
> explaining exactly what will happen, but believe me, you don't want
it to
> happen to you.
> I have been working with an engineering firm, SVR, Inc. to come up
with a
> fix for this problem. I am now able to offer this fix to the digest
at a
> cost of only $2K (two thousand dollars) per ECU. If you want a Jim
C. chip