Re: bmw-digest V9 #783

Digesters

I have a 98 m3/4 with 10,000 miles. About 1k miles ago I noticed minor clutch
slipage, which I thought was the traction control kicking in. Presently when
merging on highway pushing car to rev limiter, the cutch slipps when shifting.
Right after shifting from first to second or second to third the RPM stay at
about 6k for 3 seconds without car accelerating. It ony occurs during hard
accleration and is fine around town. This is my 4th car that is a stick shift,
and I never experienced these problems. The dealership said it was the clutch
and that it was not covered by warranty. Has anyone else expereiced the same
problem in such short period of time? How can a car that is built for
performance go through a clutch so fast.

Jason Schmidt
NY plate MPOWERR
jschmi01@domain.elided