Re: E30 Aux fan

Peter wrote,

"I would like to adapt a less expensive and possibly more
reliable fan, perhaps by a US manufacturer."

Simpson and Racer Wholesale (and many others) sell high performance
fans.  I have mine direct wired through a switch on the panel located
under the steering wheel.  You don't need 2 speeds;
go with a high output 15 inch performance model (15 inch slim models
are easy to mount in original location).

The fan is only necessary if you have the a/c turned on in traffic
or you have a hot rod engine that hates traffic as well (that would be my
problem).

The Hipo units are around $150 with install kit.  If you don't want to
remember
to flip a switch, buy the kit to automatically turn it on.

Grant
gwells@domain.elided
'87 E30 "LTW"