E30 in snow

Digesters,

For those of you that still drive E30s, do you put any weight in the trunk
to increase traction during the winter months? If so, how much and in what
form, so as not to take up too much trunk space?

Just curious as I had a few problems today with the 6+" of new heavy wet
snow that we got in the Portland area. Once I was out of the driveway I was
fine, but my wife and I need a few "leg" pistons churning to get enough
traction to get out of the driveway.

I already have H1s which are great once you have a little momentum.

TIA
Darren
89 325is