Re: <E36> Car shutoff while driving!!!

All this talk about E36 conking out makes me a little worried.  Couple of
days ago I was waiting for my girlfriend in my car, idling for about 10
minutes to keep warm.  Suddenly, out of the blue, the idle abruptly died.  I
restarted the car and everything seemed fine.  Three minutes later the idle
suddenly dropped again and the car almost 'choked' but  this time it quickly
recovered.  The next day, while driving around town I felt that idle
drop/surge one more time.  And again yesterday, the same thing happened
while I was accelerating from a stop light.  The car 'choked' for a brief
moment as if the fuel was cut-off for a second or so.

Anyone knows what this could be?  I've been using "Price Club" gas (93
Octane) on my last 2 fuel-ups and I'm wondering if this could be a case of
bad gas.   I'm scheduled for an appointment with my dealer in January, but
I'm worried that since it's such a random occurrence, they will come back to
me with "cannot reproduce at this time."

TIA

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536