Re: Power Steering Fluid

I've sucked out and replaced 3 reservoir loads of fluid from the reservoir
now...
(Using turkey baster-shhh, she'll think she lost it anyway- and replacing with
ATF). Man was that crap nasty looking!
Per Laura R's advice I am draining (sucking) out fluid daily until the
dilluted fluid is effectively new fluid. The system already seems smoother and
quiter, the fluid in there now is no longer the pearly black stuff that I
originally found.

Question: Is it possible to suck the fluid out of the reservoir, reach in and
R&R the filter? Anybody got a sacraficial reservoir to try this with?

THANKS
Steve H
89 325iS With partially transfused steering goo...
97 Dachshund With sweater on sitting by heater...
81 30' MORC Sailboat now sans deck...In work shop...i'd trade a motor R&R
anyday...fiberglass dust is sooo much fun...
2/3rds done with vacation...