RE: E28 reliability

E28 series BMW's are very reliable cars. The problem is that most of them have
a substantial amount of mileage on them as they have not been made for ten
years. Like anything else that are going to wear and need to have parts
replaced. Some are very reasonable, some are very expensive. The cars tend to
lack some of the ultra-high tech things you find on later model cars so there
is less to break. I have had one for almost three years and drive it year
round, puts a smile on my face every time I start it.

Derek Atkin
85 535i 166k
BMW CCA 136755
http://members.aol.com/bmw535e28/index.htm