re: <misc>Nascar Driving School?

r browne wrote:

>   Couple of weeks ago, I was watching Motorweek (I think) and caught
> the last portion of a segment that spoke of a drivers school held at
> Pocono raceway that allows participants to either ride in as a
> passenger or actually drive a gen-u-wine Nascar Racecar.  If I recall,
> the prices started at $90 to be a passenger and started at $300 to
> actually take a racecar on the track.  The reporter even mentioned
> something like "you can take the car up to 180mph if you feel ready",
> or something like that.

A friend of mine's father runs Monster Racing @ Dover Downs in Delaware.
It's a Nascar driving school which uses ex-Winston Cup, Busch GN and Nascar
Super Trucks as the school vehicles. Events range from 4 lap passenger rides
to 3 - 12 lap sessions in one day. If anyone would like any further info on
their schools, check out their web site @ www.monsterracing.com.

Rich Beebe
ARMCO & ITS