Holiday Gift (Belated, as usual) - Shop Rags

     I never got around to this when it was being discussed a month or so
     ago, but it makes a good HG.

     Here's how I handle the DIRTY SHOP RAG problem:

     1.  Pitch the worst ones.  Even someone as tight as me has to give up
     on some of them.

     2.  Take an old plastic bucket, like 2-gallon size. Drill a half-inch
     hole in the side about 3 inches from the bottom.

     3.  Deposit dirty shop rags.

     4.  Place bucket in basement stationary tub under washing machine
     discharge hose.

     5.  Rags get repeatedly hit with jets of soapy water. Water drains out
     slowly through the hole, making room for the next blast. (The hole
     needs to be high enough to retain enough water to keep the bucket from
     being displaced by the turbulance).

     6.  After an appropriate time interval (varying from one to many
     weeks), wring out the rags and hang them on a line.

     7.  Fluff and fold.

     Happy (any remaining or future) Holidays!

     Bob Fluharty               '87 325is               Cincinnati OH