Re: Jammed CD

This happened in my Audiovox 10 disc changer.  It still happens on some cds.
I took mine apart, twice to be exact.  Then I noticed a little sticker
"INSIDE" that says not to take it apart.  Well how are you going to see that
sticker w/out taking it apart?  Hmmm..
Well here is what the sticker said.

1)  Take a card (credit card, library card, etc)
	and put it under the magazine and push it in.
	It should hit a clip and the magazine should
	pop out.  If not, keep fishing the card around
	in there, you should find it.
2)	Now you've got your magazine, but that darn
	cd is still stuck inside.  Take a needle/pin,
	and push it in the little reset button.  Mine has
	one, hope yours does too!  Mine's real small,
	you can hardly see it.  That sent the cd out,
	and then you can reload the magazine and
	start over, but I wouldn't put that same cd
	that got stuck cause it will probably happen
	again.

When this first happened I took it in to a stereo place and the guy told me he
didn't think the changer was getting any power and he'd re-wire it all for
$30.  I said ok and I'd be back the next day.  Well I'm glad I figured it out
cause it had nothing to do with wiring.

Jeff
http://jamspot.simplenet.com/bmw  <--- Jeff's E30 site