Re: [E36] ? on snow tire sizing - H1's

1. Miki, the size is going to be o.k. in fact probably better for pure snow
performance since they are thinner and will bite through the snow better
than a comparably wider tire.
2. If you can put chains on the recommended size M+S in the 205's then you
should not have any problems with the 195's.
3. Recommended pressures are usually from 32-36psi but you should check
with the manufacturer.

The Haka's are great SNOW tires.  That company is known for making pure
snow tires and not much else comes close to their performance on SNOW.
That being said, buy the best tires for the conditions you will be driving
in most but you will always compromise on other aspects of performance.  If
you buy a pure snow tire, expect poor dry performance, if you buy a Pirelli
210A expect great dry performance and poor snow performance. They will last
longer than the Blizzaks.  Don't expect similar handling to your summer
tires.  They will also not be as good in the rain.  Just remember you are
buying a snow tire!

Glen Chow
BMWCCC, BMWCA

owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided (bmw-digest) on 12/21/98 09:57:06 PM