big 6 oil leak, any ideas? <long>

I had my 535 in the garage the other day and it leaks some oil.  I had it up
on the lift before and pulled the flywheel cover plate off (thought it was
rear main seal), and the engine side of the flywheel was totally dry, even
after it hade been sitting and dripping?  then I thought it was the cam cover
gasket, so that was replaced next, needless to say, all of the nuts were
really loose, they are torqued to spec now.  Still leaks!! Here's another
scary bit, while having the cam cover off I decided to check head bolt torque
( I know they are supposed to be "degree torqued" but I carefully kept rasing
the torque wrench setting untill it would just barely, and I mean barely turn
them.  So anyway, the second headbolt in from the back on the exhaust side was
loose (too loose for comfort!) , STILL LEAKS!!!  We are approaching the get
intoxicated and call it a day point now.  So the questions are as follows: Any
Ideas? Oil press senders?  This is getting frustrating!  So, I am also looking
for a cylinder head to prepare for the inevitable head gasket failure in the
near future, did I mention I meant "cheap" cylinder head?  $800 is a little
ridiculous since I didn't pay much more than that for the car.  I'm more in
the $100-300 range, preferably $100!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!

Nathan
85 535i