Re:Convertibles at Driver Schools

>Well, have you ever asked why they let those drop tops into PCA events?

Hold the phone Chuck.... Drop tops are only allowed at PCA events here in
Florida if they have approved roll bars.  Maybee it's a regional thing, but
I doubt it.  I believe the stock roll bar that comes with the boxster is
considered an approved roll bar.  The only cabrio's I've seen at schools
have had aftermarket roll bars added.

This is just based on what I have seen at the numerous PCA schools I hve
been to at Sebring and Moroso, I am not an authority on this matter.  Any
PCA members lurking with more information?

John Sabatini
BMW CCA Florida Suncoast Chapter

Special thanks to PCA Suncoast and Gold Coast regions for allowing BMW CCA
members to attend their schools.  Seems the BMW CCA Florida Suncoast Chapter
would rather have boring driving tours, an intertube float down a cold ass
river, and social events instead of driving schools.  Over the past two
years I have been to 9 schools at Sebring and Moroso, 8 were by PCA and 1
was the Everglades BMW CCA chapter.  Why is it that the PCA Suncoast Region
has 4 schools per year at Sebring and the BMW CCA Suncoast Chapter thinks
about having 1 per year, and then cancels?