Re:Convertibles at Driver Schools

Well, have you ever asked why they let those drop tops into PCA events?
I believe there were 3 boxsters, 2 cabrios, etc in the PCA event back in
May in Alabama.

So why doesn't the bimwad crowd allow cabrios?  Probably got burned on some
insurance
issues, etc.

Anyway, go find a PCA (Porsche) event, and enjoy.

Can't forego the BMW scene, here is where to buy and what:

Rollbar/cage- get an autopower cage thats a bolt-in variety.  I have seen
an Austin-Healey
driven by a college student that could have the rollbar setup in less than
15minutes.  Seen a
rollcage bolted in within 25 minutes.  Take it out once your home.

Summit carries the arm restraints: $20.  They look like blood pressure
straps.  Fit around your
forearm and the straps have loops that your 5/6pt harness pieces passes
through.  Everything
disengages when you unlock the harness.

Harness:  who doesn't sell them?  Get a 5pt camlock.  Once you get the bug
and
go racing, its really fun when the safety bitch (thats
what she frequently asks to be called) comes and grabs your crotch strap to
make sure your all tied in.
Unfortunately, she's typically 50 years old and smokes a cigar.  Although I
have been to an event
where a Hooter's girl did the safety check.  Ssswwwwing.........

Helmet:  They finally got past wearing Viking helmets so try the lastest
Bell or Simpson thats passes
your local standard.  Buy for the future use in terms of closed vs open
face.  Buy a neck brace.

Tuneup the car, check pads, replace fluids...Have fun

Grant
gwells@domain.elided
'87 E30 LTW