<MISC> <E30> clutch fixed, positive dealer report

 I can't recall if I complained publicly before about the noise in my
dash area, but it's now fixed so I'll recap.  The noise that sounded
somewhat like a bad speedo cable turned out to be coming right up the
clutch master cylinder into the dash area.  The source was worn clutch
parts.
 So I have the new clutch now (and guibo too), and let me say, WOW.
No more pedal vibration, no more judder, way less grabby, and half the
pedal effort.  I have to re-learn how to drive this car! ('93 325ic)
 While it was in the shop, my extended warranty covered a new oil pan
gasket to stop the drip.  ($13 part, $495 labor!)  So now my motor and
steering rack are clean too, which is nice.  They even let me give
them my own oil & filter to use.
 And in the "oh sh*t" department, the hood was accidentally slammed
down while the engine was still jacked up/tilted/whatever.  This did a
number on it from the inside.  Sooo, off to their body shop it went
for a free hood repair.  Now I'm no professional, but I am fairly
picky about my finish, and I have painted a car before.  I am very
pleased with how my hood looks.  No evidence of dent, no more stone
chips (an added bonus), and of course no more tiny clearcoat scratches
from previous washings.
 When I picked up the car, it was waaay cleaner than when I brought it
in, and they were very polite and apologetic. :)  The dealer, for
those still reading, is Claridge's in Fremont CA.  I haven't always
been impressed with them, but this time they did me right.  I also
have to plug their parts guy, who has been there as long as I can
recall (at least 2 years) and is very friendly and competent.  Their
parts prices are good too - last time I bought brake rotors, they were
a few clams cheaper than Allison.

- --
  John Bolhuis  | Since announcing concubine auditions in April,
 bolhuijo       | I have received not a single reply. Foolish females!
  @domain.elided | Do you not realize that I am one of the richest and