Re: Convertible Safety in Driving Schools

Jerry asks the following:

<< Any way around these requirements for driving schools, do they all have
this requirement? >>
Yes, I think so.   It's a safety & insurance thing.

<<  Do cars turn over at these schools?>>
Not intentionally, but it does happen.

<<I really didn't  intend to turn the machine over>>
No one intends to, Jer

<< -- nor did I think there was a large risk of doing so with an
instructor around.>>
They're not real keen on it either.

<<By the way, does the right hand seat need the five point seatbelt and the
arm restraints?>>
It is common courtesy to extend the passenger (instructor) the same level
of safety that you have.   Instructors have the right to not ride with you
if you don't provide it for them.

<< (What the heck ARE arm restraints?)>>
They keep your arms in the car as it is flipping over, so that  your arms
aren't crushed.

One of my coworkers has a convertible 328 - he has a friend that lets him
borrow her M3 for driving schools.   They split the cost of tires, brakes,
etc. and he pays for damage if he runs off course.

Michael