Don't touch that M3 just yet (yea Duane;-)

All,

I'd like to be the first one to say WOW a good logical Helpful Post from
Duane Collie I guess I got my christmas Wish early this year..
I think duane has a good bit of experence on this topic his car
(bambislayer) might even be modded beyond his ability...

Jeff Lloyd
No reason having a car with 11/10 th when you can only drive @ 8/10

Instructor
Hard Knock Racing School..... "We'll beat you into winning"

Duane wrote:
>You're gonna hear this from a lot of Digesters - Don't touch the car!.
You
>really need an "Adaptive Period" with the car to learn to use it as far
as
>performance mods go.  In stock form - bone stock - an E36 M3 takes at
least
>a year to learn how to drive. And that assumes you do half a dozen
>autocrosses and 3 or 4 track days in that year.
>
>If you absolutely have to modify it, yous houl do relatively
non-invasive
>mods first.  By that we're talking custom wheels, shift knobs,
>chip/software downloads, carbon fiber trim and that sort of thing.
Once
>you start putting on serious mods like suspensions, cams, ltw
flywheels,
>superchargers and the like you are installing compromises in the car
and
>narrowing the effective usage and/or life of the car.  For example,
I'll