<E36> more instrument cluster WOB

Hey again,

I discovered another tidbit about BMW instrument clusters.  After
disassembling the cluster I found that all of the pictograms are printed on
a long piece of clear flexible plastic material that can be easily removed.
It is a VDO part and possibly could be attained through a VDO source in
Germany.  This is probably the cheapest and the only way of getting that
silly rear-fog-light pictogram aside form buying a used instrument cluster
from a European junk yard.  The problem is that European clusters have
different pictograms (actually they have the real pictograms for the park
brake and brake hydraulics warnings) instead of the text warning that US
market gets.

If anyone has any questions about the instrument clusters, feel free to
email me.

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA #135536