Re: M3 Header ?

My two cents worth, from the peanut gallery.  If you look at the stock cast
iron exhaust manifold, as opposed to any header of quality you will note that
the O.E. manifold appears quite restrictive.  To make an engine breath you
reduce restrictions, based on this non-scientific approach headers must aid in
that dept.  The question is does the cost justify the performance gain,
probably not, but they sure look damn good installed.  I have headers on both
my E36 M3's, one a supersprint set up the other genie, it's difficult to
determine any gains, as other mods were done at the same time the headers were
installed, but the LTW sure goes like stink.
As far as the O2 sensor in both cases it is undisturbed and remains installed
in it's original location.

Fran O'Connor