M50 Water Pumps

There have been problems with the plastic impellors on the M50 water pumps
and Graf came out with a pump with a metal impellor to solve the problem.
Unfortunately, the Italian engineers screwed up a bit or just didn't keep
up with BMW's supercessions and the 6x16 pulley flange bolts will lock up
against the pump body when seated/tightened all the way...the flange will
not turn.

BMW and Laso have engineered their pumps to work with both the new 6x12 or
older 6x16 bolts...the pully holes are clear of the pump body.  I've just
put 6x12 stainless bolts and spring washers in with all my Graf pumps...if
you've purchased one of these pumps through one of the mailorder houses and
don't want to shim the bolts with washers, pick up a set of the newer
hardware.  SD
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com