Re: Trip Computer Swap

>  I followed very detailed, well thought
> out instructions from John Firestone and also verified his wiring
> instructions to the ETM (elec trouble shooting manuel) for the car (in my
> case a '96 328i).

While a difficult and time consuming effort on the 328i or 325i or M3 cars that
did not come with the full OBC, we must remember that the original poster has a
318i.  This car does not start out with the basic check control system.
Therefore, it's going to be even more difficult (read waaaaay more trouble than
it's worth) to add this to his car.  He has no wiring for any of the check
functions, not to mention the fact that he does not have the parts that
accommodate these features.  There is no sensor for coolant level, washer fluid
level, etc.  He also does not have the required tail lights to send the signal
to the OBC when one is burned out, etc., etc., etc.  I just wanted to point
this out for all the 318i owners out there getting all excited about adding a
full OBC to their car.  It is not a very viable option ;)

- --
Jason Lile                               Administrator
Parts Manager                            BMW Parts Digest
Zionsville Autosport
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com