<WOB> RE: Beer as a Measure of Work./ noise

Christian Els wrote--

<< I have a "jingle bells" sound coming from the rear of the
car, like a sway bar support bracket has come loose or something.
Reaching under and pulling on stuff, everything is tight and secure, but
kicking the tire will reproduce the noise on demand. While it is
seasonally appropriate for the moment, I would like to be rid of it. Any
ideas on what to check?>>

First, get the damned reindeer you drove over out from under the car. Same
goes for the kid on a tricycle who's pinned underneath.

You didn't mention the model BMW you drive. A generic answer would be to check
for a loose shield on the muffler or gas tank. Sway bar supports, when loose,
make a thud type noise. Sometimes this is not obvious either. If you hear the
noise and cannot determine where it comes from, go home and wedge a piece of a
roofing shingle (or something like that, you get the idea) between the
shield/shroud and the part it is attached to. The trial and error approach
works for this.

St. Bubba visits garages late at night and guzzles all the beverages which
have been forgotten. Not to worry here.

Michel {Bubba}