Trip Computer Swap

I am one of the four people who performed the operation.
BTW, I sold that car and bought a 98 528i.

The operations requires moving some wires from one connector to another,
and more difficult, adding some new wires to the instrument cluster to get
a few signals out for the computer.  I followed very detailed, well thought
out instructions from John Firestone and also verified his wiring
instructions to the ETM (elec trouble shooting manuel) for the car (in my
case a '96 328i).

You must be comfortable with soldering, wiring, working with small parts
and removing and re-installing various interior trim pieces.

Charles