Re: Help/advice please: 50,000mi 2002 DOA?

Thanks Jefrem,

I like the pinpoint accuracy of your assessment.
I don't want to give up on 'Charlie' just yet.
The 2002 was all part of my 'grand plan', I don't know how I was ready
to gave in/up so easily.

I'm going to be out of computer-range until tomorrrow and just want to say
I appreciate and need your responses but won't be able to reply, let you
know i got them, immediately.

Thanks for your support and advice.

Kathy
On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Jefrem Iwaniw wrote:
     snip
> trying to pull a fast one?  Geez, I hope not).
>
> Almost all 02's have rust, especially those that have sat under a tree for
> 10 years.  Its *where* the rust is located that's important.  How are the
> shock towers, rockers, front/rear subframes?  These are critical areas
> that could determine if its a parts car or not.  You need your mechanic to
> give you a more-detailed description of the specific problems before any
> of us on the list can help you further.
>
> Good luck!
>
> ------------------------------------
> -Jefrem Iwaniw, jiwaniw@domain.elided, '72 2002, '94 525i
>  Keller, TX
>
> On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Kathy Forer wrote:
>
> > I'm the original owner of a 1976 maroon bmw 2002 manualT.
> > It ran 10 years ago, then I let it sit under a tree for another ten.
> 	<snip>
> >
> > I don't know what to do, but would appreciate any and all advice.
> > Thank you
> > kforer@domain.elided

Kathy Forer
  http://www.foreverink.com