Re: Help/advice please: 50,000mi 2002 DOA?

I spoke with the mechanic today, --currently associated with this used car
shop, -- and made arrangements to look at/inspect the car this weekend. He
was very obliging. But I'm on alert.

He told me that "the steel lines that hold [or control or backup] the
brakes had rusted and pressure on brake would cause them to snap," as well
as the rubber parts next to them.
Sounds guibo-esque perhaps...dunno. My cab driver this AM (I was late) told
me that steel brake cables are about $7 a pair plus $15 for something else.

I'm on my guard now thanks to you terrific bmw folks, and will pursue
getting my car back alive. No DOA for Charlie! I was in such shock, any
wheels sounded good initially. It's been so long.

Thanks for excellent advice. I'm sure I'll be asking for more, hopefully
not too much.

Kathy

Kathy Forer
Forever Ink | http://www.foreverink.com/sculpture/
  "I am a minor artist and my dealer won't even display my work if he can
help it but minor is as minor does and lightning may strike even yet. Don't
be reconciled. Turn off your television sets," Peterson said, "cash in your
life insurance, indulge in a mindless optimism."
  -- Donald Barthelme, A Shower of Gold, 1964